The tags though.
Because he’s already edging there, by virtue of being the pragmatic one in a world of murder and mayhem as counterpoint to Scott’s idealism.
All Peter needs to do is worm his way in there while Scott is distracted by his new bromance with Isaac (who is thinking Peter isn’t so bad anyway…) and start telling Stiles about lore. Lore Stiles can’t find online or in musty books.
Because Stiles is so curious, you see.
And knowledge is power, something Stiles can use when Scott won’t make those tough decisions that they’re gonna face.
A Poison(ous) Friend, for those who aren’t familiar with the term, is a generally sidekick-like character attached to another character, but who has a differing (usually more cynical) moral code. In this case, obviously, Stiles the sidekick is attached the Scott, our hero. Sometimes the hero ends up influencing the friend (i.e., Stiles might pick up some of Scott’s idealism), or sometimes the friend influences the hero (i.e. Scott picks up some of Stiles’s slightly darker nature).
In the ‘text’, Stiles can be a useful storytelling tool because he does things that Scott, as the hero, functionally can’t - Scott might try to bribe his mother by bringing her dinner, but I doubt he’d encourage functioning alcoholism; however, because Stiles is less of a moral character, he serves a function in that he can do what Scott can’t, or won’t. We haven’t really seen this on the show yet, but the potential is seen in how Scott refuses to kill Jackson, while Stiles is willing to at least think about it. We’re supposed to laud Scott for this decision, and do - I mean, I see the virtue in not wanting to kill people, hello - but there’s a point where Jackson would become so dangerous that if Stiles stepped in and killed him, it would be hard to really condemn the decision, when weighing all the murders and potential future murders.
Anyway, the Poison Friend is interesting because their actions can range from “understandable” to “downright sociopathic” - think of it on a scale from Giles killing Ben in Season Five, or killing someone who might be contaminated with an infectious disease/zombie bite/they’re TURNING in every horror movie ever, up to Ozymandias’s actions in Watchmen. (Obviously, YMMV with all of these, but the point stands.) And even if the Poison Friends starts on one side of the scale, it’s possible to slide one way – Stiles might start at cynical, head to anti-hero, and slide right into pretty goddamn evil (remember when Willow lost it on Buffy? Hero Support is a stressful job, yo). Right now Stiles is tied to Scott, and I doubt he’d go too far off the beaten path because that, but if there were other influences in his life? We might have a yellow crayon moment. And Scott might be able to bring Stiles back – or Stiles could go full-on Dark Side.
We are the East. We don’t care how rich you are. We want all those who’re guilty to experience the terror of their crime. It’s easy when it’s not your life. Easy when it’s not your home. But when it’s your fault, it shouldn’t be so easy to sleep at night — especially when we know where you live. Lie to us, we’ll lie to you. Spy on us, we’ll spy on you. Poison us, we’ll poison you. We will counterattack three corporations in the next six months for the world-wide terrorism. And this is just the beginning.
HOLY MOTHER OF GOD THIS IS ACTUALLY A THING THAT IS REAL
THIS IS NOT A DRILL, KIDS
I REPEAT, THIS IS NOT A DRILL
THIS IS A MOVIE THAT EXISTS
Black Girls Killing It Shop BGKI NOW
Pomegranates and Motorcycles
Mama always told me to stay away from Hayden. She said there was something wrong with him, and that that motorcycle of his was just too damn loud. I can just about hear her now, “Persephone, don’t you go near that boy. He looks like death itself.”
Neal: Oh, harmless flirting. It’s like a dance.
Peter: No, there is no dance. You’re not even on her dance card. No dancing for you.
wait wait White Collar has a WoC who is incidentally gay and gets to kiss ladies?
yesssss diana is amazing
mobster au ——> artemis
they say she’s one of zeus’s girls, but i ain’t never seen a girl like that before. the huntress, they call her. actaion, that was her, and the aloadai boys - clean hits, every one, though i hear she was mixed up in that business of agamemnon’s and that was a whole different kind of nasty. she’s sweet enough to those girls who hang around the amnisos, but she’s a stone-cold killer, her and her brother both. they say she was soft on orion, but the way eos tells it, she took him out in delos and they still ain’t found the body, so who knows? one thing’s for sure, though - you give her a target, any target, and she’ll hunt that man down like a dog.
LET THEM CRACK THEIR SKULLS :: on these stone walls (❖)(001) weapons iv (nico muhly mix) by S O N L U X
(002) howl (rivas mix) by F L O R E N C E + T H E M A C H I N E
(003) workhorse (blair sinta mix) by M Y B R I G H T E S T D I A M O N D
(004) go (feat. karen o) by S A N T I G O L D
(005) veni vedi veci (diplo mix) by B L A C K L I P S
(006) seven nation army (the glitch mob mix) by W H I T E S T R I P E S
(007) woman scorned (dimbleby and capper mix) by S A I N T S A V I O U R
(008) dark doo wop (bluello mix) by M S M R
(009) heads will roll (willy joy sex dream dub) by Y E A H Y E A H Y E A H S
(010) iron (trumpdisco mix) by W O O D K I D
undaunted, a mix for the women in shakespeare’s plays - download
01. mumford and sons - lover of the light (celia/rosalind) | 02. florence and the machine - all this and heaven too (beatrice) | 03. iron & wine - free until they cut me down (ophelia) | 04. city and colour - o’sister (cordelia/goneril/regan) | 05. anna calvi - i’ll be your man (viola/olivia) | 06. cocorosie - werewolf (lavinia) | 07. florence and the machine - bird song (lady macbeth) | 08. beirut - cliquot (juliet) | 09. emily jane white - wild tigers i have known (lady percy, queen to king richard ii) | 10. the wooden sky - the wooden sky (desdemona) | 11. arcade fire - the well and the lighthouse (lady macbeth) | 12. saez - putains, vous m’aurez plus (from all the men whose hearts were eaten) | 13. natalie merchant - my skin